Monday 14 October 2013

Six Word Memoirs De-breif

What did I learn about storytelling?
While doing these six word memoirs, I learnt that to tell a story it doesn't have to be hundreds of pages long. You don't have to describe everything with extreme detail, that it can be as easy as just 6 words. With a picture it just made it easier to tell/explain and it added to the story. Lots of it was up to the reader to figure out and imagine which is why it was good for us to explain ourselves in our Writer's Note. At first, I found it difficult hoe we only had 6 words to use, but it taught me to choose my words carefully, every word counts, and that punctuation plays a big role.

Where did I show my knowledge about using storytelling skills?
I showed my knowledge about using storytelling skills when I used the certain punctuation that I did. Depending on the certain words I chose, I would either end it with an exclamation mark, period or nothing at all to make the reader feel a certain emotion. Using pictures also really helped telling your story. When I made a picture black and white, it usually made the story more dramatic like my graduating memoir. Even picking an exact font/colour demonstrates this because I would chose something that best fits the mood.
  
What did I learn as a reader, writer, thinker, storyteller?
As a reader, I learnt that there are many different ways you can interpret something that someone else has wrote, since we never know 100% what is going on is someone else's mind. That also showed me as a writer to choose your words very carefully, punctuation is key and to try and explain yourself as best as you can in your writer's note. I also learnt that it was good to try and pick the best picture that goes with your words and to make sure they relate, so they are easier to explain and get your message across.

No comments:

Post a Comment