Wednesday 9 October 2013

Movie Review

The other day I decided to go see the movie Gravity with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. It’s such a simple story that many people would feel like it’s not worth seeing. For those of you who don’t know what it’s about, it’s a movie that takes place in space. Matt Kowalsky (as Clooney) and his partner Ryan Stone (as Bullock) are trying to fix an American space station that isn’t working when all of a sudden they are hit by a bunch of fast moving debris that won’t stop for anything in its way. It’s a matter of survival for these two and it’s up to them to figure out how to get back to Earth with limited supplies. 

Is it any good?
I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen the entire movie. It was just so interesting and entertaining to watch. Nothing like I’ve ever seen before. I saw it in IMAX and 3D so I wouldn’t recommend anything less. This movie taps into all of your emotions especially when Stone shares a personal story which I found quite heartbreaking. This movie jumps from making you laugh, to you being scared and to you being excited and on the edge of your seat just waiting to see what happens next.

Visuals
I have never seen a movie with better graphics. Seeing it in IMAX just topped it off. From the opening scene, it had your eyes glued to the big screen right from the start. I have never seen Earth like that before, it had me in awe about it. This movie was probably the best 3D movie I have ever experienced. There were many parts when the debris was flying around everywhere, and all of a sudden it would just appear right in front of your face without any warning, and I’m not going to lie, I may have jumped back a couple of times. I was in love with the first person view we got time to time, it just added even more interest to the movie. Definitely give the visuals 5 stars out of 5.

My Say
The one thing I wished was different about this movie, was how there wasn’t that much of George Clooney’s character. With the screen time he did have, he managed to win us over; with his funny jokes/stories he had to tell and his charm.

Overall, I highly recommend seeing this movie!
Here is the trailer for the movie http://youtu.be/OiTiKOy59o4

No comments:

Post a Comment