Friday 27 September 2013

Reading Survey

In general, how do you feel about reading? 

In general, I really do like reading, if I find the right book for me, that is. By the "right book" I mean when you just can't stop reading and don't want to do anything else but read. That's what I look forward too when reading and picking out books. I used to love reading a lot more when I was younger because it feels like I had more patience when reading and could read a book even if I wasn't too interested in it. I don't like being forced to read a book when I'm not too interested in it.

How do you decide which books you will read?

When I was younger I used to base what books I read on the way the cover appealed to me. It was simple; if the cover had a fun design or cool pictures, I would instantly go to it and give it a shot, but if I found the cover plain and boring, I wouldn't even think twice about it.
Now when I walk into a library or book store I go to a genre that I like, (which used to be just teen fiction but I've been finding myself to be less interested in them and have more of an open mind to other genres), so I just go to any book now, read the back and flip through the pages a bit. The only way I'll buy a book or check one out at the library is if I absolutely love it while reading it and don't want to put it down because I usually have trouble getting into books and have a hard time finishing them.

What kind of books do you like to read? Why do you enjoy them?

I really enjoy mystery, girly, romance and furturistic books. I like those ones because with mystery I love when there's suspense and even with just reading when you're on the edge of your seat and it gets so intense. With girly books I like having things to relate to and reading about high school drama. Romance books I love reading because I find them so adorable and I am a sucker for a love story. I especially love it when there's a movie to go with the book because then it just adds to the story and makes it come to life. I would probably have to say that fururistic books are my favourite or even post-apocalyptic books because I like reading about topics and things that we don't have right now in our life and imagining what life could be like.

Techno "Do-You"

I have an iPhone 4 with internet access. With it just being an iPhone 4 it does cause me some difficulty when using it since it is an older generation but I get done what I need to... most of the time. I do have a laptop at home, which I am using right now and is a bit older like my phone as well, and I guess I could bring it to school, but I rather wouldn't just because it seems like it would be too much of a hassle. I don't have an e-reader because I would rather just have an actual book to read right infront of me, especially because I start to feel sick after looking at electronics for a while. I have a personal Twitter account that I constantly used a few months ago, but got busy with other things, so I couldn't keep up with posts, but I am starting to use a bit more now. I like going on it to see the other funny things people post, and seeing the opinions they have. This is the first blog I've ever had, and I actually quite enjoy it! I'm not too sure on what different kinds of things to post, but seeing other students blogs have really given me some great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment